Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
New anthology Lost Highways: Dark Fictions from the Road, edited by D. Alexander Ward, out next Friday from Crystal Lake Publishing
Featuring a stellar list of authors including Kristi DeMeester, Lisa Kroger, Bracken MacCleod, Jonathan Janz and many more, along with an introduction by Brian Keene, Lost Highways: Dark Fictions from the Road is an anthology of twenty horrors from the roads of America, handling topics such as parents commuting long distances, bands on the road to the next show and more besides. You can find all the information on this release here.
Limited edition hard cover releases from Philip Fracassi and Michael Bailey coming next week from Unnerving
Coming 16 July, Unnerving will be releasing extremely limited runs of new works by Michael Bailey and Philip Fracassi. Fracassi’s novelette, Overnight, is the tale of a stalker arriving on a film set and begging for a souvenir from a starlet. Things get out of hand and escalate fast. Oversight, by Michael Bailey features two novelettes, ‘Darkroom’ and ‘Sad Face’ packaged together in a single volume. These books are limited to sixty copies each and are beautifully crafted (take a look on the order page for detailed photographs). You can order your copy for $60, while stocks last, here.
From Grinning Skull Press comes Vampire Worms by Neil Davies. The book finds Paul Walker, a man who happens upon a murder victim drained of blood. Though he doesn’t believe in vampires, witnessing the murder of his sister by the beasts convinces him they are real, only different from what the legends had led him to believe.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey