“His backstory presented in a collected hardback for those of us who like to fill our bookcases with the walking dead.”
Who is Negan? Since his debut in THE WALKING DEAD #100, the charismatic psychopath has antagonized Rick Grimes, murdered his friend with a baseball bat wrapped in barb wire (which he calls “Lucille”), and led the Saviors into war against Alexandria and the neighboring communities.
But who was he before society broke down? That question will be answered here, collecting the “HERE’S NEGAN!” story originally serialized in IMAGE+ magazine.
Why We’re Excited About This Book:
Anyone with even a passing interest knows who Negan is. Ever since making his hard hitting debut (pun fully intended) is issue 100 of the comics, and then in season seven of the TV show, he’s been one of our favourite wise-cracking, swaggering unfriendly neighbourhood psychopaths.
What we don’t know is who or what Negan was prior to Rick and company’s crossing of paths with him. His backstory has been unfolding in monthly vignettes in IMAGE+ magazine but now it’ll be presented in a collected hardback for those of us who like to fill our bookcases with the walking dead.
The Walking Dead: Here’s Negan is out on 10 October 2017 and is available from Amazon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey