“With his latest novel, Everson twists seductive obsession with shadowy occult magic, bringing it all to a fever pitch.”
Austin has a secret. He secretly wishes his wife would die. At a bar, drinking into the midnight hour, Austin even admits his secret to a seductive woman sporting a strange tattoo. But this woman isn’t a stranger for long. Soon after that night, his wife introduces the woman as Regina, their new neighbor. Maybe Regina will be a good influence for his wife. Austin’s hopes are shattered when he returns home one night to find his wife dead.
Then there’s only Regina, who shows him a strange new world full of rituals and magic. Now everything he loves and holds dear is in jeopardy. Time is running out. Austin needs to save himself, and his daughter, before the planets align.
Before the Devil’s Equinox.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Flame Tree Press, with their exciting series Fiction Without Frontiers, has been knocking it out of the park for the past year with stellar releases. This new novel from John Everson looks to be another heavy hitter horror fans are going to love. Everson is the author of the Bram Stoker Award winning Covenant, Sacrifice, The House by the Cemetery, The 13th, Siren, and his latest short-story collection, Sacrificing Virgins. With his latest novel, Everson twists seductive obsession with shadowy occult magic, bringing it all to a fever pitch. The Haunted Reading Room says: “John Everson’s newest novel is so powerful, so terrifying, so implacable in the evil it describes, that I could not stop reading.” Forthcoming from Flame Tree Press, The Devil’s Equinox by John Everson is available for pre-order, and releases 27 June 2019.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey