“Combining dangerous fugitives hiding out in a strange dead end village, Lip Hook: A Tale of Rural Unease sounds like an excellent mix of weird and crime that horror fans crave.”
On a foggy night, a car speeds down a road in the British Isles, driven by a beautiful woman, her passenger a man with a nasty shotgun wound carrying a suitcase he risked his life for. Their unlikely destination: Lip Hook. For the inhabitants of Lip Hook, the village is much more than just the end of the road, it’s the end of the world. Beyond the village, there is only misty marshlands. Seeking refuge at the Hanged Man Inn, the woman begins to trade her special services to the men of the village, including the village priest, as a way to buy time and extended their stay.
Soon, a false faith falls over the village, obliterating all reason, logic, and humanity.
Why we’re excited about this book:
London based comics writer David Hine has written for Marvel (Spider-Man Noir, Civil War: X-Men, Inhumans: Silent War), DC (Batman, Detective Comics, Batman and Robin), Image (Witchblade, The Darkness), and Avatar (Crossed: Badlands), among others. Mark Stafford is the cartoonist-in-residence at London’s Cartoon Museum. Hine and Stafford previously worked together on the graphic adaptation of Victor Hugo’s The Man Who Laughs, and are no strangers to the dark side of storytelling. Combining dangerous fugitives hiding out in a strange dead end village, Lip Hook: A Tale of Rural Unease sounds like an excellent mix of weird and crime that horror fans crave. Forthcoming from SelfMadeHero, Lip Hook: A Tale of Rural Unease releases in the US 27 November 2018 and is available to be pre-ordered now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey