“Tem has this powerful ability to blend genres seamlessly while engaging the reader at a personal level with stories unlike anything you’ve ever read.”
A father and son go on a strange downtown “fishing” trip, suburban backyard nightmare fuel with skinned rabbits, a young boy cannot escape his bad dreams of trees and his father is powerless to help, a new mythology springs from the fallout of nuclear destruction, a lonely man realizes he is involved in a strange community, and many many more.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Steve Rasnic Tem is a legend in the horror business. Winner of multiple awards for writing, Joe R. Lansdale probably summed his work up best when he said : “Steve Rasnic Tem is a school of writing unto himself.” Tem has this powerful ability to blend genres seamlessly while engaging the reader at a personal level with stories unlike anything you’ve ever read. With an introduction by Simon Strantzas, Tem handpicked 35 of his best tales over his 40 year career for this collection. Published through Valencourt Books, Figures Unseen: Selected Stories by Steve Rasnic Tem is available for pre-order now, and releases 17 April 2018.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey