We all wear masks. Some times to hide our hidden desires, other times to blend in with the crowd. Occasionally, these masks slip, and reveal the monster lurking behind our eyes. J.N. Williamson (1932-2005) knew those monsters. Author of The Offspring and Noonspell, as well as editing the classic How to Write Tales of Horror, Fantasy & Science Fiction (1987), Williamson curated the best writers for his anthologies. He knew what it took to really scare readers, and knew that when it came to horror, sometimes the best scares come in small packages, easily read in one sitting. Back in print again, Dark Masques returns to invade your nightmares and keep you reading until the early morning hours.
Why we’re excited about this book:
When a long out-of-print anthology resurfaces, especially one of this caliber, it’s time for readers to rejoice with the knowledge that yes, someone out there remembers the horror classics. Filled with forty-seven stories of the best of the best, including stories by Stephen King, Ramsey Campbell, and Ray Bradbury, this is one horror anthology every horror fan needs in their collection. Dark Masques releases February 27, 2018, and is available for pre-order at Amazon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey