“Long out of print, A Nest of Nightmares is one of the most sought after horror collections, and now it returns to scare a new generation of readers.”
Life under pressure.
That feeling that something just isn’t right.
Ghosts, revenants, creatures that creep in the night, and those that crawl in broad daylight.
Thirteen tales of horror.
A Nest of Nightmares.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Lisa Tuttle’s fiction has been scaring the hell out of readers for nearly fifty years. Author of the novels Windhaven (with George R.R. Martin), Familiar Spirit, Gabriel, The Mysteries, as well as the short-story collections Memories of the Body: Tales of Desire and Transformation, Ghosts and Other Lovers, and Objects in Dreams, to name a few, Tuttle has been nominated for the Locus Award, as well as the Arthur C. Clarke award, and won the Nebula Award for her short fiction. Most readers got their first taste of her work in George R.R. Martin’s groundbreaking Night Visions series. With a quiet, straight-forward approach to her characters, Tuttle emotionally invests her readers, then pulls the rug from under their feet, leaving them to wonder if they’ll ever escape the nightmare. Long out of print, A Nest of Nightmares is one of the most sought after horror collections, and now it returns to scare a new generation of readers. Courtesy of Paperbacks from Hell, this collection is now back in both paperback and eBook editions at a very affordable price, with the original cover art by Nick Bantock and an introduction by Will Errickson. Forthcoming from Valancourt Books, A Nest of Nightmares by Lisa Tuttle releases 7 January 2020, and is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey