Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Den of Geek explain why the remake of The Blob was one of horror’s most underrated films
- The Guardian talk up the casting of Joan Collins in American Horror Story
- Bloody Disgusting choose their top ten horror movie deaths
- Author Victoria Nelson picks her ten scariest stories by a variety of authors
- The Gingernuts of Horror talk to horror legend Graham Masterton about his new novel and more
Ryan Lamble of Den of Geek explains why the 1998 remake of the Blob was a hugely underrated film and is more than worthy of a rewatch.
The Guardian’s Stuart Heritage celebrates the casting of Joan Collins in American Horror Story‘s new season and talks more broadly about how AHS, among other TV series, are beginning to offer older actors the parts their talents deserve.
Meagan Navarro of Bloody Disgusting picks out her ten favourite horror movie deaths.
Victoria Nelson (Gothika, The Secret Life of Puppets) picks out her ten scariest horror stories, including titles from Algernon Blackwood, Lovecraft and a few that may surprise you.
The Gingernuts of Horror’s Tony Jones interviews Graham Masterton about his new novel, Ghost Virus, and more besides.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey