Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Shawn M. Garrett continues his series on overlooked TV series for Tor Nightfire with Way Out
- Bloody Disgusting feature a fascinating article on trans symbolism in Frankenstein
- The Ladies of Horror Fiction feature a guest post by writer Kate Doughty on writing internet horror
- E. F. Schraeder writes for Fright Girl Spring on ‘unwelcome surivors’ in horror
- LitReactor interview writer V. Castro on her recent releases and how her heritage features in her fiction
Pseudopod’s Shawn M. Garrett delves deeper in his quest to find the overlooked horrific TV shows of the past and writes on Way Out, a CBS show fronted by Roald Dahl sixty years ago.
Alice Collins writes this fascinating essay for Bloody Disgusting on trans symbolism in Frankenstein, as part of their ‘Trapped by Gender’ series.
Writer Kate Doughty, whose YA novel The Follower came out at the end of March, writes for The Ladies of Horror Fiction on the alternate reality of writing internet horror.
Looking at the role of women in much of horror history as the ‘unwelcome survivor,’ writer E. F. Schraeder provides this powerful essay for Fright Girl Spring.
LitReactor interview writer V. Castro on her recent releases and how her heritage features in her fiction
Gabriel Hart interviews writer V. Castro, whose novel Goddess of Filth has just launched through Creature Publishing, on her recent and forthcoming releases, as well as how heavily her fiction draws on her heritage.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.