Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- NPR recommends 100 top horror reads
- Tech Radar has a list of great horror movies for purchase or streaming this summer
- James Wan reveals how his horror background informed his Aquaman adaptation
- Christa Carmen posts a guest article at Kendall Reviews, featuring her ten favourite short stories by women in horror
- Lit Hub talk to Laura van Den Berg about the horror movies that inspired her latest novel
Continuing their summer of horror, NPR has one hundred horror reads for you, from novels, to novellas, to shorts. There is so much gold in here.
Marc Chacksfield of Tech Radar has dug through recent horror movie listings and picked out the best of what’s on offer, to buy or to stream.
Cinema Blend’s Sarah El-Mahmoud discovers how James Wan’s background in horror informed his adaptation of Aquaman ahead of the film’s release.
Christa Carmen posts a guest article at Kendall Reviews, featuring her ten favourite short stories by women in horror
Hot on the heels of her recent collection Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked, Christa Carmen picks out her ten favourite short stories by women in horror.
With her novel, the Third Hotel out soon, Laura Van Den Berg writes a guest post, explaining which horror movies influenced the new book.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey