In this podcast Kurt Fawver talks about the known vs the unknown, cultural anxiety, the paranormal, and much more.
About Kurt Fawver
A Shirley Jackson Award winner, Kurt Fawver lives in that dark land of swamps and simulacra known as Florida, but is originally from the Pennsylvanian wasteland that lies between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. His favorite cryptid is the Mongolian death worm. He is the author of The Dissolution of Small Worlds and Forever, In Pieces.
- [05:45] Conversation tart/fascination with ‘the veil’ and the known vs. the unknown
- [11:30] Background of paranormal informing childhood/paranormal beliefs
- [18:20] First experiences with story
- [34:50] Dissertation and academic experience
- [41:45] Cultural anxieties today in America
- [45:30] Navigating and tackling anxieties: making the world a brighter place
- [48:10] Book that changed perspective about something
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Ashes and Entropy
Nightscape Press is proud to present Ashes and Entropy edited by Robert S. Wilson, an anthology of cosmic horror and noir/neo-noir. Ashes and Entropy will include brand new stories by Laird Barron, Damien Angelica Walters, John Langan, Kristi DeMeester, Jon Padgett, Jayaprakash Satyamurthy, Lucy A. Snyder, Tim Waggoner, Jessica McHugh, Paul Michael Anderson, Max Booth III, Lynne Jamneck, Greg Sisco, Lisa Mannetti, Nate Southard,Erinn L. Kemper, Matthew M. Bartlett, Autumn Christian, and will be published in December of 2018.