Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Gizmodo picks out five trends from the last decade of horror cinema
- The Gingernuts of Horror find out from Charles W. Jones about the horror of his life
- Ink Heist feature an in-depth interview with author Lee Thomas
- LitReactor have ten suggestions for shorts which might be adapted for season two of Shudder’s Creepshow series
- The Lineup choose eleven spooky podcasts to listen to with the lights off
Gizmodo’s Cheryl Eddy looks at the catalogue of horror from the last decade and picks out five pervasive trends which have become established over that time.
Charles W. Jones, author of the Daughter of Illusion, sits down with the Gingernuts of Horror team to tell them about the horror fiction work that started him down the rabbit hole of the genre.
Ink Heist’s Daniel Braum talks to Lee Thomas about his books and a short story, ‘Flowers for Bitsy,’ written for Lethe Press’ recent anthology Spirits Unwrapped.
LitReactor have ten suggestions for shorts which might be adapted for season two of Shudder’s Creepshow series
Max Booth III digs deep into the well of short horror fiction and selects ten prime specimens which could serve a second season of Shudder’s Creepshow series.
Stephen Lovely, writing for The Lineup, picks out eleven podcasts dealing with fiction and non-fiction stories of the paranormal for you to listen to with the lights off.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey