In this podcast Scott Thomas talks about Kill Creek, Violet, Inkshares, and much more.
About Scott Thomas
Scott Thomas is the Stoker-nominated author of Kill Creek, which was selected by the American Library Association’s reader committee as the top horror book of 2017. Originally from Coffeyville, Kansas, Scott attended the University of Kansas where he earned degrees in English and Film. His latest book is Violet.
- [04:00] Supernatural beliefs
- [13:00] Old Parker and the root cellar
- [21:15] Professional start in film and tv; novel written before Kill Creek; writing Kill Creek
- 29:25] Ink Shares. How do they work? Who are and arent they for?
- [37:50] Kill Creek TV series
- [42:40] Violet
- [49:00] Processing grief
- [53:00] V R Weather, via Patreon, asks for tips for creating spooky horror that’s appropriate for all ages
- [56:30] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about degrees, the advantages for writing, and tips for screenwriting
- [01:04:40] Connect with Scott
- [01:05:30] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Violet by Scott Thomas
Pick up the brand new Scott Thomas book, Violet.
The Sinister Horror Company
The Sinister Horror Company has a simple mission: to write, publish and launch innovative and exciting genre fiction.