Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Vulture suggest fifteen Mexican horror movies to get you started on a fertile breeding ground for the genre
- Discoverpods make seven suggestions for horror podcasts you might not know about
- LitReactor host a feature article on Donald Maass’ The Emotional Craft of Fiction: How to Write the Story Beneath the Surface
- In a guest post on Ink Heist, Cody T Luff, author of Ration, talks about the art of storytelling
- Kendall Reviews talk to author Yolanda Sfetsos about her recent release, Breaking the Habit
Vulture suggest fifteen Mexican horror movies to get you started on a fertile breeding ground for the genre
Carlos Aguilar of Vulture wants you to look beyond the work of the great Guillermo Del Toro and to discover the broader world of Mexican horror cinema. Here, he recommends fifteen of the best movies to get you started.
Discoverpods’ Wil Williams has been scouring the web for podcasts that scare as much as they entertain and has selected seven that you may never have heard of, but are well worth checking out.
LitReactor host a feature article on Donald Maass’ The Emotional Craft of Fiction: How to Write the Story Beneath the Surface
Cina Pelayo writes on Donald Mass’ non-fiction book, The Emotional Craft of Fiction: How to Write the Story Beneath the Surface, and digs into exactly why bringing emotion to your fiction is so vitally important to engage readers.
Author of Ration, Cody T Luff drops in to Ink Heist to write this feature article on the mechanics of storytelling.
Yolanda Sfetsos, author of Breaking the Habit, sits down with Kendall Reviews to discuss the book, her writing routine and much more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey