In this podcast Chad Lutzke talks about writing seriously, his first story sale, punk and metal music, and much more.
About Chad Lutzke
Chad lives in Battle Creek, MI. with his wife and children. For over two decades, he has been a contributor to several different outlets in the independent music and film scene, offering articles, reviews, and artwork. His fiction can be found in a few dozen magazines and anthologies. He is known for his dark, heartfelt novellas which have been praised by Jack Ketchum, Stephen Graham Jones, James Newman, and Cemetery Dance. His books include Of Foster Homes and Flies, Stirring the Sheets, and Skullface Boy.
- [02:45]Life lessons growing up
- [21:40] Memories at two or three
- [27:45] Aged twelve, Chad on probation
- [33:25] Interest in punk and metal music
- [42:10] Rekindling relationship with dad at fifteen
- [47:30] Reading and writing
- [53:30] Pursuing writing seriously
- [01:04:55] Breakthrough and writing more seriously in 2014
- [01:11:45] First zombie story sale
- [01:14:45] Defining and difficult moments as a writer
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
I’m Not Even Supposed to Be Here Today by Brian Asman
Pick up the brand new Brian Asman book, I’m Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today.