Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Bloody Disgusting join the dots between Hellraiser III and The Mummy
- Cemetery Gates Media feature a writing advice article on making time to write
- Crime Reads feature a fascinating article on 80s poltergeists, and female adolescence
- Writer Catherine McCarthy tells Kendall Reviews why she (doesn’t) write horror
- Horror Oasis run a feature article on Superhero horror
Bloody Disgusting’s Nat Brehmer looks back at Barker’s original ideas for The Mummy and Hellraiser III and finds a striking resemblance, as well as a slim possibility of The Egyptian Project to be revived.
Writer Gabino Iglesias writes for Cemetery Gates Media on how so few of us have abundant time and how sacrifices must be made to get the writing hours in.
Emily Arsenault, author of When All The Girls Are Sleeping, writes on her research into poltergeists, trying to choose between unexplainable events and fakes and adolescent female rage.
Dark fiction writer Catherine McCarthy explains to Kendall Reviews what lured her over to the dark side to coincide with the release of her novella, Immortelle.
James Gardner, writing for Horror Oasis, looks at some recent entries in the sub-genre of superhero horror and the fears behind this trope.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.