Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- For St. Patricks’ weekend, Bloody Disgusting have selected ten Irish horror movies
- Ellen Datlow gives Locus Magazine readers the lowdown on what books thrilled her in 2018
- FStoppers features the photography of LA’s Jesse Diaz, who recreates horror scenes with action figures
- Cast and crew of new adaptation of Stephen King’s Pet Sematary discuss how frightened they were by the novel
- Kendall Reviews talk to author and Cemetery Dance columnist Jason Sechrest
Patrick Bromley of Bloody Disgusting digs deeper into the growing world of Irish horror cinema, to look beyond the Leprechaun franchise and pick out some excellent films for St. Patrick’s weekend.
If anyone in the business knows great horror fiction, it’s Ellen Datlow. So, if you’re thinking of doing a little book shopping and aren’t sure of what was worth buying from last year’s releases, look no further.
FStoppers features the photography of LA’s Jesse Diaz, who recreates horror scenes with action figures
Jenny Edwards at FStoppers meets up with Jesse Diaz of LA, who uses his collection of horror and fantasy action figures to recreate classic scenes from the movies. What he manages to create is really quite something.
Cast and crew of new adaptation of Stephen King’s Pet Sematary discuss how frightened they were by the novel
With the film hitting cinemas next month, Comingsoon.net talk to the cast and crew of the new Pet Sematary adaptation about just how scary they found the original novel.
Kendall reviews talk reading, writing, movies and more with Jason Sechrest, writer of the ‘What I learned from Stephen King’ column in Cemetery Dance magazine and fiction author in his own right.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey