Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- The Guardian explains why exposing kids to horror films is not the disaster some think
- Bloody Disgusting feature the proposed sequel to the original Halloween, which was never made
- Post 45 feature a fascinating essay on modern feminist horror fiction
- Signal Horizon round up everything for us to be excited about in genre film and fiction this week
- The Gingernuts of Horror talk to Georgina Bruce about her book, This House of Wounds
Self-confessed horror fan, Kim Newman, writes in The Guardian about the benefits of watching horror movies as a child, in banishing night terrors and building mental strength.
Bloody Disgusting’s Nat Brehmer writes about the proposed sequel to the original Halloween, featuring Laurie Strode living in a high security, high rise apartment and shot in 3D.
Patricia Stuelke writes a fascinating article for Post 45 on modern feminist horror fiction that everyone interested in the genre ought to read.
Tracy Palmer has been digging into the worlds of genre film and fiction to pick out the titles you can’t miss among this week’s releases.
With her novel, This House of Wounds hot off the press, Georgina Bruce sits down with The Gingernuts of Horror to talk about the book and more besides.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey