To coincide with the release of the brand new Steel Book Edition of Zombie Flesh Eaters on blu-ray we’re launching a very special competition in which two of you will win the aforementioned Zombie Flesh Eaters and one of you will also see your fiction published on the This Is Horror website.
- Write an original flash fear story between 750 and 1,000 words.
- Send the Flash Fear to Mich[email protected] with the subject line ‘Zombie Flesh Fear Competition’ by Friday December 14, 2012 11PM, GMT.
The judges for this competition are our editor, Michael Wilson, renowned short story expert and reviewer, Adam Millard and film, media and fiction specialist, John Costello. We will be looking for originality and something which creates a very visceral reaction – either make us laugh or shake with fear.
First prize is a copy of the brand new edition of Zombie Flesh Eaters and your Flash Fear up on the This Is Horror website.
Second prize is a copy of the brand new edition of Zombie Flesh Eaters and the acknowledgement that you were the runner-up so, let’s face it, must have also written a pretty good story. Bragging rights optional.
Note: Zombie Flesh Eaters is available as a prize for B-region blu-ray, so whilst this is open internationally please do make sure you have the means to play it.
Best of luck!
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey