In this podcast S.P. Miskowski talks about her life lessons growing up, writing objectives, anxiety, and much more.
About S. P. Miskowski
S.P. Miskowski is a three-time Shirley Jackson Award nominee, and is the recipient of two National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships and a Swarthout Award. Her M.F.A. is from the University of Washington. Her stories have been published in Supernatural Tales, Black Static, Other Voices, Identity Theory, and Strange Aeons as well as in the anthologies Haunted Nights, The Madness of Dr. Caligari, October Dreams 2, Autumn Cthulhu, Cassilda’s Song, The Hyde Hotel, Darker Companions: Celebrating 50 Years of Ramsey Campbell, Tales from a Talking Board, and Looming Low.
- [05:55] Important life lessons growing up
- [09:20] Wandering to strange places
- [15:30] Reading Ramsey Campbell for the first time
- [22:10] Stephen King story that messed up SPM
- [26:50] First experiences with story
- [39:00] Anxiety—high and low points navigating anxiety/being honest about what you want from writing
- [51:00] Being honest about your true nature and recognising opportunity
- [01:13:00] So-called overnight successes
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
The Grim Tidings Podcast
Your podcast for all things grimdark and more. Visit The Grim Tidings Podcast here.
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed Subscribe via iTunes Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey