In this podcast S.P. Miskowski talks about her life lessons growing up, writing objectives, anxiety, and much more.
About S. P. Miskowski
S.P. Miskowski is a three-time Shirley Jackson Award nominee, and is the recipient of two National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships and a Swarthout Award. Her M.F.A. is from the University of Washington. Her stories have been published in Supernatural Tales, Black Static, Other Voices, Identity Theory, and Strange Aeons as well as in the anthologies Haunted Nights, The Madness of Dr. Caligari, October Dreams 2, Autumn Cthulhu, Cassilda’s Song, The Hyde Hotel, Darker Companions: Celebrating 50 Years of Ramsey Campbell, Tales from a Talking Board, and Looming Low.
- [05:55] Important life lessons growing up
- [09:20] Wandering to strange places
- [15:30] Reading Ramsey Campbell for the first time
- [22:10] Stephen King story that messed up SPM
- [26:50] First experiences with story
- [39:00] Anxiety—high and low points navigating anxiety/being honest about what you want from writing
- [51:00] Being honest about your true nature and recognising opportunity
- [01:13:00] So-called overnight successes
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
The Grim Tidings Podcast
Your podcast for all things grimdark and more. Visit The Grim Tidings Podcast here.