In this podcast Nicole Cushing talks about The Sadist’s Bible, Mr. Suicide, winning the Bram Stoker Award, and much more.
About Nicole Cushing
Nicole Cushing is the Bram Stoker Award® winning author of Mr. Suicide. She has also written the Stoker-nominated short story collection The Mirrors and three stand-alone novellas (including her Shirley Jackson Award-nominated book Children of No One). Her latest novella, The Sadist’s Bible, is out now from 01 Publishing.
- [02:25] Latest novella, The Sadist’s Bible, and working with 01 Publishing
- [05:20] Bible belt setting
- [20:30] Withdrawing from church and religion
- [30:10] Writing about broken characters
- [35:50] Mr. Suicide Stoker Award
- [48:20] Commonly given writing advice that disagrees with
- [54:30] Forthcoming novel
- [01:01:20] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [01:08:30] Connect with Nicole
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Crystal Lake Publishing
The eleven stories in Todd Keisling’s Ugly Little Things explore the depths of human suffering and ugliness, charting a course to the dark, horrific heart of the human condition. John Langan says, “Todd Keisling is a born storyteller, drawing the reader into artfully constructed narratives that scout the darker end of the literary spectrum with skill and bravado.” Brian Kirk says, “In Ugly Little Things, Todd Keisling ventures deep into the dark abyss of cosmic horror. What he finds there—or what’s found him—will terrify you.” This is going to hurt, and you’re going to like it. That’s Todd Keisling’s Ugly Little Things, out September 15th from Crystal Lake Publishing—Tales from the Darkest Depths.
- Nicole Cushing
- Justine by Iben Mondrup
- Hermann Ungar
- Nicole Cushing’s Forgotten Lore YouTube series
- Milan Kundera
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey