Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Skybound Produces Ezekial and Shiva Figures
Fans of the Walking Dead can now own their very own tiger in the form of Shiva, who comes bundled in a 2-pack with her owner Ezekiel, and available in either a bloody or non-bloody version.
Stephen King Says The Dark Tower Series Would Be a Reboot
Though he has gone on record as being a fan of the Dark Tower movie, Stephen King told Vulture that he believed it was too challenging to distill a series of books than ran more than 3,000 pages, and to also make it a PG-13 when the books are extremely violent. As a result, King believes that any TV series based on the Dark Tower would have to be a reboot.
Burger King Wants IT Banned in Russia
In possibly this week’s most unusual piece of news, Burger King in Russia has demanded that the film IT be banned because Pennywise looks too much like it’s rival’s mascot Ronald McDonald, and is therefore hurting their business by acting as a major advertisement for McDonalds. You couldn’t make this stuff up!
4K Restoration of Original Carrie Coming To Blu-ray
Good news for fans of King and Brian DePalma. Arrow Video is released a brand new 4K restoration of the classic film on 11 December 2017. Special features are as below. Order your copy here!
- Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Commentary by Lee Gambin, author of Nope, Nothing Wrong Here: The Making of Cujo, and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45 and Devil’s Advocates: Suspiria, recorded exclusively for this release
- Brand-new visual essay comparing the various versions and adaptations of Carrie across the years
- Acting Carrie, archive featurette containing interviews with director Brian De Palma, actors Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, Amy Irving, William Katt and others
- More Acting Carrie, additional interviews with the cast of the film • Visualising Carrie: From Words to Images, archive featurette containing interviews with De Palma, writer Lawrence D. Cohen, editor Paul Hirsch and art director Jack Fisk • Singing Carrie: Carrie the Musical, archive featurette on the stage musical adaptation of King’s novel
- Writing Carrie, an interview with writer Lawrence D. Cohen • Shooting Carrie, an interview with cinematographer Mario Tosi
- Cutting Carrie, an interview with editor Paul Hirsch • Casting Carrie, an interview with casting director Harriet B. Helberg
- Bucket of Blood, an interview with composer Pino Donaggio
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds, a look back at the locations of Carrie
- TV spots
- Radio spots
- Carrie trailer reel
- Limited edition 60-page booklet featuring new writing on the film by Neil Mitchell, author of Devil’s Advocates: Carrie, and numerous reprints and interviews