In this podcast Michaelbrent Collings talks about outlining stories, story ideas, the Stoker Awards and much more.
About Michaelbrent Collings
Michaelbrent Collings is a novelist and screenwriter. He has written numerous bestsellers, including Apparition, The Haunted, The Loon, Rising Fears, and the bestselling YA fantasy series The Billy Saga, beginning with Billy: Messenger of Powers.
- [02:45] Interview start/determining whether a story idea is commercially viable
- [14:15] Plotting vs pansing and outlining
- [20:00] Stoker Awards 2015
- [23:35] Self-publishing stigma
- [25:45] Bob reveals his age and Michaelbrent practically falls off his chair
- [26:00] Distinction between vanity press and self-publishing
- [31:30] Paula Limbaugh, via Patreon, asks about prompt for writing a YA series
- [34:00] Dean Koontz
- [39:10] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [41:00] White whales and career aspirations
- [42:50] Good starting point to Michaelbrent’s fiction
- [43:45] Connect with Michaelbrent
- [44:50] Final thoughts
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
ResourcesBuy Michaelbrent Collings
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.