In this podcast Aaron Sterns talks about the Wolf Creek series, existential nightmares and screenwriting.
About Aaron Sterns
Aaron Sterns is the co-writer of Wolf Creek 2 (Best Screenplay Madrid International Fantastic Film Festival 2014), and author of the prequel novel Wolf Creek: Origin which has just won the 2014 Australian Shadows Award for best Australian horror novel of the year.
- [04:50] Interview start/initial experience with story and attraction to horror
- [08:00] Death anxiety and existential nightmares
- [11:05] Answering tough questions from your children
- [20:00] Violence in Wolf Creek
- [22:40] Setting the hook in Wolf Creek 2 and further discussion of the film
- [31:45] ‘Screenwriting the Compromised Art’ essay in Crystal Lake Publishing’s Horror 201 and best and worst experiences as a screenwriter
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey