In this podcast John Joseph Adams talks about putting together anthologies, Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy, ensuring diversity within anthologies and much more.
About John Joseph Adams
John Joseph Adams is the series editor of Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy, as well as many other anthologies, such as Wastelands, The Living Dead, and The Apocalypse Triptych. He is also the editor and publisher of the magazines Nightmare and the Hugo Award-winning Lightspeed, and is a producer for WIRED’s The Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast.
- [01:10] Comparing three different anthologies
- [19:20] Taking reprints from a wide range of sources
- [22:35] Guest editors and Joe Hill in Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy
- [26:20] How John became the editor of Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy series
- [30:30] Ensuring diversity within an anthology
- [35:50] Attaching a sponsor to The Geek’s Guide To The Galaxy
- [41:51] Daily habits and morning rituals
- [47:45] Creating e-editions of magazines: Kindle Periodicals and Sigil
- [51:55] Coffee talk and the Aerobie Aeropress
Music Credit: interlude after interview, ‘Diamond In The Witch House’ by Mastodon
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey