Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Crystal Lake Publishing have announced a new collection of short stories which channel the old school horror of the 80s and 90s by Paul F Olson (Alexander’s Song). The collection is introduced by a detailed foreword Chet Williamson, and includes the original out-of-print stories alongside ‘Bloodybones,’ a brand new novella, described as a tale of loss, longing and chilling horror. Whispered Echoes will be available for Kindle and in paperback from 23 June. Watch this space for further news and a review, soon.
Blasphemous, the new 2D platformer from makers of The Last Door, hits Kickstarter target
From the team that produced the multiple award winning platform game, The Last Door, comes a new title, Blasphemous. The game, also a 2 dimensional action platformer, features old school, but well crafted sprite -based visuals and no small quantity of blood and gore. The Kickstarter is still open, so if you want to get yourself a perk or simply be amongst the first to play the game, you can make it happen here.
NACIYE is a somewhat familiar tale of a couple who arrive at the new home they have just rented, only to be confronted by a seemingly dangerous woman, claiming to be the rightful owner. It’s a story we’ve all heard before, but the film is said to have a Turkish twist which lends it some unique characteristics. It’s available now on Video on demand.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey