Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Featuring twenty-three flash fiction stories, Calvin Demmer’s first collection, released under Unnerving’s imprint, covers genres including fantasy and science-fiction as well as horror. Described as a work that deals with emotions such as murder, fear, loss, death and revenge, it also features themes of love and survival. The collection is already receiving great reviews from a number of sources with This is Horror’s review also on the way. Demmer (Dark Celebrations) is one to watch. You can pre-order your copy here.
Terror Films, distributor of a wide range of horror film content, including documentaries and special editions, have begun streaming video content on Steam. It is hoped that this will enable them to expand their already huge audience and bring horror to more and more viewers. To view the Steam library of Terror Films content, click here.
Storgy announce Shallow Creek writing contest
Literary website Storgy have announced a brand new writing competition with a twist. Every entrant of the competition will be presented with a location and a character from Shallow Creek, a fictional town in which the anthology which results from the competition will be set. Locations include Arkady Asylum and Colt’s Curiosity shop. If this all sounds a bit Silent Hill, good, because that is just the vibe they are going for. You can find out more information and prepare your own entry, here. Please note, there is an entry fee of £10 for the competition.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey