In this podcast Dan Howarth interviews Simon Kurt Unsworth, the author of Quiet Houses and the forthcoming horror novel The Sorrowful. Simon talks about writing, the editorial process, literary agents, small and large presses, film adaptations and his career to-date.
[01:25] Simon Kurt Unsworth’s back catalogue
[04:46] The Sorrowful
[08:45] Having a literary agent’s input
[13:10] Moving from a small to large press
[15:20] Media obligations and digital strategy
[18:20] The editorial process
[21:45] Writing the sequel to The Sorrowful
[26:45] Moving towards the fantastical
[32:20] The Church on the Island
[36:30] Early goals and current goals
[39:30] On film adaptations
[43:35] Quiet Houses
[53:35] Rights to old work
[59:00] Simon’s forthcoming tattoo
[01:01:20] What else is coming out in 2014?
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.