The novella is one of those literary forms that I have admired for a long time – a quicker read than a novel but a fuller experience than a short story. In the mainstream publishing world, it appears to be something of a neglected format (although, having said that, in a relatively recent visit to a well-known chain bookstore, I did see a few slim books out on display in the Fiction section which I suppose could be classed as novellas and, as described below, quite a few ‘classics’ were written as such), with the probable major publisher excuse that ‘it doesn’t sell very well’, or ‘there isn’t much interest’ as to why they’re not more widespread, the same explanation for why short story anthologies and collections are but very rarely forthcoming from the big imprints.
This Is Horror Books
The best way you can support This Is Horror is buy our books. Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available. We have a special offer on All Four Year One Books – JUST £10!
You can buy our latest release, The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud direct from us right now. Each direct order includes eBooks in PDF, epub and mobi format.
Buy This Is Horror Books on Kindle!
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan (Buy on Amazon UK) (Buy on Amazon US.)