Finishing my first novel, Scarla, was a great feeling, partly because up until then, I’d never really intended to write a book. As it turned out, the journey was more rewarding than I anticipated. Being brand new to the medium, I had my doubts about gaining entry into the publishing world with the first arrow slung. After all, who was I but some indie film guy anyway? Throw a stone, you’ll hit one – and if you need help aiming, I know a few who deserve to be hit. But I digress. Forging ahead with a completed manuscript, I decided to skip the brouhaha and do what far too many are doing these days: self-publishing. What was there to lose? I wasn’t supposed to be sitting on a book anyway, it was more of a creative personal exercise. Or exorcism. Scarla had been on the shelf for a while, in screenplay form, and while it was rocking boats, it was a risky endeavour. Her story straddled the fence, so to speak, and rode the line. Hard.
This Is Horror Books
The best way you can support This Is Horror is buy our books. Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available. We have a special offer on All Four Year One Books – JUST £10!
You can buy our latest release, The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud direct from us right now. Each direct order includes eBooks in PDF, epub and mobi format.
Buy This Is Horror Books on Kindle!
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey (Buy on Amazon UK.) (Buy on Amazon US.)
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan (Buy on Amazon UK) (Buy on Amazon US.)