We are proud to present a brand new evening of horror literature at The Electric Cinema, Birmingham as part of Shock & Gore 2012, as award-winning horror author and crowd favourite Jasper Bark plays host to special guests David Moody and Sam Stone, three acclaimed authors who will be answering questions from the audience and reading excerpts from their work.
The event kicks off at 6PM on Sunday July 8.
Tickets are priced at £7, £4.80 concs, £12.80 sofas.
For more information and tickets please visit This Is Horror at Shock & Gore, The Electric Cinema, Birmingham.
Thank you to Shawn Conn for providing the excellent promotional artwork for this great event.
As a reminder don’t forget that THIS FRIDAY is the David Moody, Simon Bestwick and Joseph D’Lacey event at Warwick University. Tickets are free but you MUST e-mail us on [email protected] to reserve tickets as they are strictly limited.
Birmingham author David Moody wrote the Hater and Autumn books, the latter of which he published online. The book became a sensation, eventually being downloaded by half a million readers and spawning a series of sequels and a 2009 movie starring Dexter Fletcher and David Carradine, while film rights to the Hater series have been snapped up by director Guillermo del Toro.
Award winning author Sam Stone’s first novel won the Silver Award for Best Horror Novel in ForeWord Magazine’s book of the year awards in 2007. In September 2008, the novel was re-edited and republished by The House of Murky Depths as Killing Kiss. The sequels, Futile Flame and Demon Dance, went on to become finalists in the same awards, and both novels were later shortlisted for The British Fantasy Society Awards.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey