Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Revisiting Pet Sematary by Richard Chizmar
- Screaming in Your Living Room: How VOD is Changing the Horror Industry
- The Queen of Sheba Versus The Beautiful Menace From Mars: Joanna Russ’s “My Boat”
- Stories from the Borderland #10: “Who Goes There?’ by John W. Campbell and “The Crawling Horror” by Thorp McClusky
- The Dreadful Ten: “THE GIRLS IN THE BACK ROW”‘s Top Female Horror Badasses!
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Richard Chizmar rereads Pet Sematary over at Stephen King Revisited, and gives us the lowdown on a book he first read back in 1983.
There was a time when horror films were only available from your cool mate at school, on third-generation VHS tapes with the words ‘Coronation Street” scrawled on them and a piece of Sellotape plastered over the bit in the corner. Skip forwards twenty years and you don’t even have to leave the house to get the latest horror film, thanks to VOD. Vodzilla looks at how the industry is changing.
The Lovecraft reread continues over at Tor. This time, Anne M Pillsworth and Ruthanna Emrys take a look at Joanna Russ’s ‘My Boat’.
Stories from the Borderland #10: “Who Goes There?’ by John W. Campbell and “The Crawling Horror” by Thorp McClusky
A fantastic article from Scott Nicolay in which he delves into John W Campbell’s Who Goes There and its many adaptations.
Horror loves a kick-ass female, and they don’t come any more kick-ass than the ten compiled in this article over at Fangoria by Kate and Tab, the hosts of The Girls in the Back Row.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey