In this podcast Sarah Read talks about Out of Water, editing, the one story per week challenge, and much more.
About Sarah Read
Sarah Read is a dark fiction writer in the frozen north of Wisconsin. Her short stories can be found in Gamut, Black Static, and other places, and in various anthologies including Exigencies, Suspended in Dusk, BEHOLD! Oddities Curiosities and Undefinable Wonders, and The Best Horror of the Year vols 10 and 12. Her novel The Bone Weaver’s Orchard is now out from Trepidatio Publishing, and her debut collection Out of Water released in late 2019.
Click the timestamps to jump straight to the audio.
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
If you’re an emerging author in the UK, Storyville is offering its first ever online Contemporary Dark Fiction class in 2021. Running for 16 weeks, from May to September, at 8 PM London time, there are weekly essays, assignments, and readings to help you hone your craft. Richard Thomas runs Storyville—he’s an experienced author, editor, teacher, and publisher. He was in The Best Horror of the Year anthology just last year! Use the code HORROR10 to get 10% off. Head on over to storyvilleonline.com today as spots are limited.
The Plot Against Heaven by Mark Kirkbride
Read The Plot Against Heaven by Mark Kirkbride right now. This Is Horror listeners can get 20% off all titles from Omnium Gatherum. Just head on over to http://www.omniumgatherumedia.com and enter the code ‘thisishorror’ at checkout.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey