In this podcast J.R. Park talks about film adaptations, Mad Dog, balancing duties between publishing and writing, and much more.
About J.R. Park
J R Park is a co-founder of the Sinister Horror Company. He is the author of Terror Byte, Punch, Upon Waking, The Exchange, Postal, Mad Dog, Death Dreams In A Whorehouse, and Death Dreams At Christmas. His inspiration is drawn from the crazy worlds of exploitation cinema and pulp literature, but with a twist. His writing often plays with form and narrative as he slowly wears down the boundaries of what pulp horror can be.
- [03:05] Plans for the next five years
- [12:00] Movie adaptations
- [27:30] Initial steps after being approached for a film adaptation
- [30:30] Interest in diversifying into audiobooks and foreign editions
- [47:50] Dave Watkins, via Patreon, asks about writing Mad Dog and whether Justin’s considered a sequel
- [53:50] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks as a publisher and writer how Justin balances between concentrating on own work and the work of others
- [01:07:35] What has Justin changed his mind about recently
- [01:14:10] Connect with Justin
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford
Read or listen to The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford right now.