In this podcast J.R. Park talks about film adaptations, Mad Dog, balancing duties between publishing and writing, and much more.
About J.R. Park
J R Park is a co-founder of the Sinister Horror Company. He is the author of Terror Byte, Punch, Upon Waking, The Exchange, Postal, Mad Dog, Death Dreams In A Whorehouse, and Death Dreams At Christmas. His inspiration is drawn from the crazy worlds of exploitation cinema and pulp literature, but with a twist. His writing often plays with form and narrative as he slowly wears down the boundaries of what pulp horror can be.
- [03:05] Plans for the next five years
- [12:00] Movie adaptations
- [27:30] Initial steps after being approached for a film adaptation
- [30:30] Interest in diversifying into audiobooks and foreign editions
- [47:50] Dave Watkins, via Patreon, asks about writing Mad Dog and whether Justin’s considered a sequel
- [53:50] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks as a publisher and writer how Justin balances between concentrating on own work and the work of others
- [01:07:35] What has Justin changed his mind about recently
- [01:14:10] Connect with Justin
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford
Read or listen to The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford right now.
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey