Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Mother Horror writes for Tor Nightfire on her favourite season: spring, and selects ten horrifying nature-focussed reads
- Ink Heist feature a new, previously unpublished story by the king of pain, John F. D. Taff
- Kendall Reviews have the latest of their Isolation Tales series, by bizarro writer Madeleine Swann
- The Gingernuts of Horror talk to Aaron A. Reed about his unique novel, Subcutanean
- Horror DNA feature a wide ranging interview with horror legend Felissa Rose
Mother Horror writes for Tor Nightfire on her favourite season: spring, and selects ten horrifying nature-focussed reads
Sadie Hartmann, aka Mother Horror, writes for Tor Nightfire on her favourite season: spring and chooses ten terrifying reads with a heavy dose of nature woven into them, some new and some from a few years back.
John F. D. Taff, like many horror writers, has been thinking of ways to alleviate people’s suffering during the coronavirus lockdown. Here, he shares a brand new, previously unpublished story, ‘The Shrive And The Madonna,’ with the help of Ink Heist.
Continuing their Isolation Tales series of fiction posts to alleviate the boredom of lockdown, Kendall Reviews present a story by the inimitable Madeleine Swann, which was spawned only days before, inspired by a tweet. Intrigued? You should be.
Daisy Lyle talks to Aaron A. Reed for The Gingernuts of Horror about his ambitious new novel project, Subcutanean, where no two copies of the book are quite the same.
Horror DNA’s Stuart D. Monroe talks with Felissa Rose about her teen role, and that ending, in the cult classic, Sleepaway Camp, as well as her other roles as an actor and producer, as well as her podcast, ‘Casualty Friday’ which she co-hosts with Tiffany Shepis and Kane Hodder.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey