In this podcast Christopher Golden talks about Of Saints and Shadows, collaborative writing, breaking the insomnia cycle, and much more.
About Christopher Golden
Christopher Golden is the award-winning, bestselling author of such novels as The Myth Hunters, Wildwood Road, The Boys Are Back in Town, The Ferryman, Strangewood, Of Saints and Shadows, and (with Tim Lebbon) The Map of Moments. He has also written books for teens and young adults, including Poison Ink, Soulless, and the thriller series Body of Evidence, honored by the New York Public Library and chosen as one of YALSA’s Best Books for Young Readers. He is also known for his many media tie-in works, including novels, comics, and video games, in the worlds of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Hellboy, Angel, and X-Men, among others.
- [02:45] Growing up in Massachusetts
- [07:30] Telling stories from an early age
- [12:35] Doc Savage
- [18:55] First horror story wrote in high school
- [26:50] Of Saints and Shadows from writing to publication
- [32:50] Formative convention
- [44:10] Don’t expect anything from anyone
- [48:20] Collaborative writing: ‘the team up’ / reading The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
- [56:00] Gravitating towards the solitary
- [01:02:30] You can do anything you want but you can’t do everything you want
- [01:03:00] Therapist’s one piece advice to break insomnia
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford
Read or listen to The Netherwell Horror by Lee Mountford right now.