In this podcast Kelly Dunn talks about Frankenstein, what makes a poem good, writing horror and dark fiction, and much more.
About Kelly Dunn
Kelly Dunn is a freelance journalist, short-story writer, and novelist. Her short fiction has appeared in the Bram Stoker award-winning horror anthology After Death, the zombie anthology The Dead That Walk, and the Clive Barker-inspired anthology Midian Unmade among other venues. She is the creator and editor of the horror anthology Mutation Nation, and she is the author (under the pseudonym Savannah Kline) of the urban-fantasy novel Beloved of the Fallen. She is also a contributing writer to Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine.
- [03:10] Life lessons growing up
- [05:00] Leprechauns in Kennedy Park
- [06:50] Watching Frankenstein at four years old
- [19:00] First creations/stories
- [30:40] What makes a poem good
- [41:00] Writing stories to create a better world and life
- [42:10] Writing horror and dark fiction
- [52:00] YA fiction
- [57:30] Early horror reading experiences
- [01:01:20] Story in college at seventeen
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
- After Death anthology
- The Dead That Walk: Flesh-Eating Stories anthology
- Midian Unmade
- Beloved of the Fallen by Savannah Kline
- The Dark Masters Trilogy by Stephen Volk
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey