In this podcast Matthew M. Bartlett talks about WXXT Leeds, The Stay Awake Men, self-publishing, and much more.
About Matthew M. Bartlett
Matthew M. Bartlett is the author of Gateways to Abomination, Creeping Waves, The Stay Awake Men, and many other tales of terror.
- [03:40] Life lessons growing up
- [12:35] First experiences with story
- [18:00] First story creations and art
- [20:25] Poets
- [22:10] Attraction to poetry
- [25:40] Deciding to write for publication
- [29:20] Self-publishing
- [39:50] Scott Kemper, via Patreon, asks about WXXT and Leeds
- [55:40] Stay Awake Men: initial motivation and challenge
- [58:10] Cover art
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Violet by Scott Thomas
Pick up the brand new Scott Thomas book, Violet.
The Sinister Horror Company
The Sinister Horror Company has a simple mission: to write, publish and launch innovative and exciting genre fiction.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey