In this podcast we talk to Danger Slater about Impossible James, He Digs A Hole, bizarro, and much more.
About Danger Slater
Danger Slater is the world’s most flammable writer! He is the Wonderland Award-winning author of I Will Rot Without You, Puppet Skin, and He Digs A Hole.
- [02:55] Conversation start/first professional publication
- [10:20] Working with John Skipp at Fungasm Press and winning the Wonderland award
- [26:40] Good Danger Slater starting point for new readers
- [27:50] Impossible James
- [34:40] He Digs A Hole
- [40:00] Bizarro misconception
- [41:40] Bizarro recommendations
- [51:00] A recent book that has impacted Danger
- [53:45] Novella resurgence
- [59:00] Judging a book by its cover
- [01:03:15] Paul Adams, via Patreon, asks how to ask questions
- [01:04:15] Writing far-out fiction —how do you know when taking something too far?
- [01:07:30] Personal philosophies
- [01:12:00] Connect with Danger
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Night Creepers by David Irons
Seven strangers are asked to attend the funeral and will reading of the affluent Gregory Blitzer, a man who the attendees’ only thing in common is the mutual hatred they had for him in life.
While at the funerals remote church setting, they soon find themselves trapped inside, unable to escape. Forced to open Gregory’s coffin, they find no body inside, only a ragged torn out hole leading to the catacombs beneath the graveyard.
Something has been living underground, something that’s been spawning.
Something that’s… hungry.
Night Creepers: You are what they eat.