Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Loudersound feature confessed horror nerd Kirk Hammett’s top ten underrated horror movies
- Cracked identify six horror movie easter eggs that audiences may have missed
- Ann Dávila Cardinal writes a guest post on diversity in horror for the Ladies of Horror Fiction
- Ink Heist’s exclusive original fiction series starts with ‘Love Tap’ by John F. D. Taff
- Vanyaland talk to director Robert Eggers (The Witch) about his new film, The Lighthouse and weird fiction
Heavy metal magazine LouderSound’s Chris Chantler gets the lowdown from Metallica’s horror-obsessed guitarist, Kirk Hammett, on his ten favourite underrated horror films.
JM McNab, writing for Cracked, picks out six recent horrors with easter eggs that audiences may have missed.
Author of the forthcoming Tor Teen YA horror novel, Five Midnights, Ann Dávila Cardinal writes this fascinating blog for the Ladies of Horror Fiction on diversity in horror.
If you want to start an online original fiction segment on your website, you can’t do much better than securing John F. D. Taff for your first story. That’s exactly what Ink Heist have done and, true to form, the King of Pain has delivered.
Vanyaland talk to director Robert Eggers (The Witch) about his new film, The Lighthouse and weird fiction
Vanyaland’s Nick Johnston talks to Robert Eggers about The Witch and his forthcoming release, The Lighthouse, as well as the broader topic of weird fiction.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey