In this podcast Paul Tremblay talks about creating emotional impact, drafting novels, humour, and much more.
About Paul Tremblay
Paul Tremblay is the author of the novels The Cabin at the End of the World, Disappearance at Devil’s Rock, and A Head Full of Ghosts. His other novels include The Little Sleep, No Sleep till Wonderland, Swallowing a Donkey’s Eye, and Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn’t Fly (co-written with Stephen Graham Jones). His latest release is the short story collection, Growing Things.
- [03:00] Ryan Whitley, via Patreon, asks about the great John Langan vs Paul Tremblay vs Laird Barron brawl
- [05:00] A current up and coming horror writer that should get more attention
- [10:00] Kevin Watkins, via Patreon, asks about t-shirts
- [12:25] Clutch or Helmet?
- [14:00] David Busboom, via Patreon, asks about In The Meantime and Swallowing A Donkey’s Eye
- [17:00] Humour
- [25:00] Roger Venable, via Patreon, asks about books Paul’s looking forward to
- [29:40] Draft process when writing a novel
- [32:20] SM Fedor, via Patreon, asks about creating an emotional impact
- [37:25] SM Fedor asks about pickle hate and Paul confirms whether or not his dad was a pickle
- [41:20] SPOILER FOR THE CABIN AT THE END OF THE WORLD, via Shannon F. Scott on Patreon
- [49:05] Spoilers end. Writing a summary of novels—helpful or hinderance
- [54:40] Self-doubt
- [58:50] What Paul hopes people say about him when he’s not in the room
- [01:01:40] Connect with Paul and final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
- Paul Tremblay fiction
- Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been? by Joyce Carol Oates
- The Swimmer by John Cheever
Night Waves by David Irons
David Iron’s brand new novel, Night Waves, is available now, published by Cosmic Egg Books.