In this podcast Doug Murano talks about anthologies, fair pay, co-editing, and much more.
About Doug Murano
Doug Murano lives somewhere between Mount Rushmore and the mighty Missouri River. He is the Bram Stoker Award-winning editor of Behold! Oddities, Curiosities and Undefinable Wonders and the co-editor of Bram Stoker Award-nominated Gutted: Beautiful Horror Stories. Since 2008, his short stories have appeared in a number of venues. He is an Active Member of the Horror Writers Association and was the organization’s promotions and social media coordinator from 2013—15. He is a co-recipient of the HWA’s 2014 Richard Laymon President’s Award for Service.
- [02:35] Publishing Josh Malerman’s first short story in Shadows Over Main Street
- [16:10] Typical working week
- [23:15] Financial considerations, fair pay, and anthologies
- [38:55] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about successful co-editing partnerships
- [46:15] Ryan Whitley, via Patreon, asks about putting anthologies together
- [49:55] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about the benefits of joining the HWA
- [57:10] Connect with Doug
- [57:55] Final Thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Night Waves by David Irons
David Iron’s brand new novel, Night Waves, is available now, published by Cosmic Egg Books.