In this podcast Robert S. Wilson talks about weird fiction, charitable chapbooks, the Caribbean Cabal, and much more.
Robert S. Wilson
Robert S. Wilson is the author of The Quiet, the Empire of Blood dystopian vampire series, the Lifeline cyberpunk/noir series, the long fiction collection Long Shadows: Volume 1, and the new serial Hex: A Novel of Cosmic Horror. He is the Bram Stoker Award-nominated editor of Ashes and Entropy, Blood Type: An Anthology of Vampire SF on the Cutting Edge, Horror for Good: A Charitable Anthology, and Nightscapes: Volume I, and Co-Editor in Chief and co-owner of Nightscape Press alongside his wife, Jennifer Wilson. He lives in Middle Tennessee with his family, an equally adorable and obnoxious dog, and a few psychotic cats skilled in the martial arts.
- [02:10] Kev Harrison, via Patreon, asks about the Weird For Good anthology
- [07:30] Distinguishing the weird from horror
- [11:00] Weird fiction starter kit
- [14:40] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about charitable chapbooks
- [43:15] Ryan Whitley, via Patreon, asks about putting together anthologies and story order
- [46:00] Ryan asks about confronting mythological weird entities
- [50:15] The Best New Weird Anthology
- [56:15] Caribbean Cabal
- [01:05:55] Connect with Robert
- [01:07:15] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey