In this podcast Ray Cluley talks about early life lessons, radio plays, biggest creative struggles, and much more. Stick around for the Water For Drowning audiobook giveaway and ten-minute preview at the end of the episode.
About Ray Cluley
Ray Cluley is a British Fantasy Award winner with stories published in various magazines and anthologies. Some of these have been republished in ‘best of’ volumes, including Ellen Datlow’s Best Horror of the Year series and Nightmares: A New Decade of Modern Horror, as well as Steve Berman’s Wilde Stories: The Year’s Best Gay Speculative Fiction, and Benoît Domis’s Ténèbres. He has been translated into French, Polish, and Hungarian, with a Chinese version of his award-winning ‘Shark! Shark!’ due soon. Probably Monsters, his debut collection, is available from ChiZine Publications. You can pick up Water For Drowning, narrated by RJ Bayley, on audiobook here if you’re in the US and here if you’re in the UK.
- [02:35] Moving away from horror
- [07:30] Early life lessons growing up
- [30:50] Big Brother and reality tv
- [38:35] Brian Asman, via Patreon, asks about Tommy Wiseau’s Big Shark movie
- [40:30] Biggest creative struggles
- [43:30] Working on multiple projects/current projects
- [46:00] Gaming novel
- [55:30] Radio plays
- [59:15] Legacy, career, and future aspirations
- [01:02:30] What’s coming out next from Ray
- [01:04:50] Connect with Ray
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
- Buy Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley (US)
- Buy Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley (UK)
- Ray Cluley fiction
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey