In this podcast Sarah Langan talks about The Keeper, Audrey’s Door, creativity, and much more.
About Sarah Langan
Sarah Langan is an American horror author and three-time Bram Stoker Award winner. Langan was also one of the judges for the inaugural Shirley Jackson Award and is currently on the Board of Directors.
- [03:00] Early life lessons growing up
- [09:10] What keeps Sarah coming back to writing
- [14:25] First experiences with story
- [18:00] First experiences writing
- [20:45] Undergraduate degree in Creative Writing
- [26:10] Parenting and raising children
- [41:10] Literary agents
- [49:50] Creativity with husband, J. T. Petty
- [53:40] The Keeper and Stephen King pseudonym story
- [56:55] Virus/The Missing name discrepancy
- [59:35] Audrey’s Door
- [01:19:20] Jason White, via Patreon, asks if there will be a new novel anytime soon
- [01:21:25] Making changes: what will and won’t make
- [01:27:50] Daily working routine
- [01:29:50] Circle of Confusion Management
- [01:35:20] Ryan Whitley, via Patreon, asks about subscribing to one or two print horror short story magazines
- [01:41:00] What Sarah hopes people say about her when she’s not in the room
- [01:43:25] Connect with Sarah
- [01:46:35] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
If It Bleeds by Matthew M. Bartlett
A limited edition chapbook published by Nightscape Press.
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.