In this podcast Joe Mynhardt talks about South Africa, running Crystal Lake Publishing, crowdfunding, and much more.
About Joe Mynhardt
Joe Mynhardt is a South African horror writer and the owner and operator of Crystal Lake Publishing.
- [03:30] Early life lessons
- [06:30] Comics
- [08:50] Experimenting with art forms as a kid
- [21 00] Running Crystal Lake Party full-time / moving away from full-time teaching
- [28:00] Health and diet
- [34:25] Publishing in Afrikaans
- [39:00] Burning down buildings
- [47:30] Using print on demand
- [01:03:00] Crowdfunding
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
The Mark by Lee Mountford
If you like mysterious depraved forces, tales of the occult, and stories that will have you looking under the bed, then you’ll love Lee Mountford’s gripping tale!
If It Bleeds by Matthew M. Bartlett
A limited edition chapbook published by Nightscape Press.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey