In this podcast John F.D. Taff talks about Little Black Spots, supernatural fiction, personal philosophies, and much more.
About John F.D. Taff
John F.D. Taff is a Bram Stoker Award-Nominated author with more than 30 years experience, 90+ short stories and five novels in print. His first fiction collection, Little Deaths, was named the best horror collection of 2012 by HorrorTalk. Jack Ketchum called his novella collection, The End in All Beginnings, “one of the best novella collections I’ve read.” His new fiction collection, Little Black Spots, was published by Grey Matter Press in September 2018. Look for more of his work in anthologies such as Cutting Block Book’s Single Slices, Gutted: Beautiful Horror Stories, The Beauty of Death, Shadows Over Main Street 2 and Behold: Oddities, Curiosities and Undefinable Wonders. Taff lives in the wilds of Illinois with three pugs, two cats and one long-suffering wife.
- [02:20] Little Black Spots
- [07:30] Ordering stories
- [12:00] What frightens John
- [22:00] The ‘what if’ in supernatural fiction
- [25:20] Personal philosophies
- [36:00] He Left and going back to childhood state of mind
- [48:30] Seven Deadliest table of contents bonus
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
If It Bleeds by Matthew M. Bartlett
A limited edition chapbook published by Nightscape Press.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey