In this podcast Craig Davidson talks about pseudonyms: Craig Davidson vs. Nick Cutter, The Saturday Night Ghost Club, writing supernatural and human villains, and much more.
About Craig Davidson
Craig Davidson is a Canadian author of short stories and novels, who has published work under both his own name and the pen names Patrick Lestewka and Nick Cutter. His fiction as Craig Davidson includes Rust and Bone, Cataract City, and The Saturday Night Ghost Club. Nick Cutter novels include The Troop, The Deep, and Little Heaven.
- [01:50] Obsessions outside of writing
- [07:50] Horror’s not a dirty word and horror misunderstandings
- [16:50] Social media opinions and using the internet for good/reviews and reactions to work
- [22:50] Leaving social media
- [33:15] Being unable to write horror on the MFA
- [43:50] Creating your own opportunities
- [53:30] Lydia Peever, via Patreon, asks about Canadian publishing landscape and advice for writers
- [57:10] Darryl Foster, via Patreon, asks about the inspiration behind The Saturday Night Ghost Club
- [59:30] Most challenging aspect of the writing process
- [01:01:20] David Thirteen, via Patreon, asks about supernatural and human villains in Nick Cutter books
- [01:05:00] Using pseudonyms and splitting time between Craig Davidson and Nick Cutter
- [01:11:35] Connect with Craig
- [01:12:40] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.