In this podcast Paul Tremblay talks about The Cabin at the End of the World, Home Invasion Movies, Anxiety in Horror, and much more.
About Paul Tremblay
Paul Tremblay is the author of the novels The Cabin at the End of the World, Disappearance at Devil’s Rock, and A Head Full of Ghosts. His other novels include The Little Sleep, No Sleep till Wonderland, Swallowing a Donkey’s Eye, and Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn’t Fly (co-written with Stephen Graham Jones).
- [05:00 Conversation start
- [06:30] Biggest changes personally and professionally in the past two years
- [08:20] Changes after Trump
- [17:15] Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about drafting process for The Cabin at the End of the World
- [25:00] Darryl Foster, via Patreon, asks about writing process
- [35:00] Kendra Temples, via Patreon, asks about home invasion movies Paul enjoys and drew inspiration from
- [52:50] D.W. Behrend, via Patreon, asks about developing plot and story from the seed of an idea
- [59:40] Scott Kemper asks about horror as a genre about anxiety
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Unnerving presents, Oversight by Michael Bailey.
Blindfolded and combing the past hand-in-hand, two sisters revisit their childhood and a forgotten pain in Darkroom. The demands of anxiety pin one woman against societal expectations and a conniving enemy in SAD Face. Both stories are included in the signed, limited edition hardcover coming July ninth.
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey